5 Ways To Get More Visitors To Your Website
It's great having your amazing new artist website up and running, but how are you going to get people to visit it? We can help you with that! Start by sharing your URL on social media and with your email list, and tell your friends and family about it offline.
Then have a look at these five tips below which will help you get more traffic to your website.
1. Add Video Content - People’s attention span is limited. A picture might be worth a thousand words, so a video could be worth millions!
And the best part is that you don’t have to create a visual masterpiece. You can shoot videos on your iPhone, from your studio and upload them straight to your website and social media.
A good video will really resonate with your intended audience. Time lapse videos are a fun way to show a piece from start to finish!
Make sure to only cover one point per video. If you cover too much, your message may be lost or forgotten.
Here are my top tips:
- Shorter is better, ideally under 60 seconds so it can go on Instagram too.
- Try different types of video, behind the scenes, time lapse and chatting to the camera about what inspires you as an artist.
- Write more on the topic in a longer blog post if you need to, and add the video to it.
- If your files are too big, use Handbrake to reduce them (especially for your website, it doesn't matter so much on social media).
2. Add Some Links - to other websites. You can also use Pinterest to share a blog post graphic or new artwork that links back to your website.
3. Get Some Reviews - genuine reviews for your business online are hugely important. Start collecting testimonials from happy customers. These provide social proof and build trust.
4. List Your Business - with Google My Business. It's free to do and will help you get found.
5. Add A Blog - and don't forget to share your posts - on Facebook, Instagram and use Pinterest to drive traffic back to your website. Google likes to see new content being added to your website, which shows it is up to date and relevant. Quality over quantity here.
The five action points listed above are not just one off jobs to do, they are areas of your business that you must continually look at, improve and add to.
They lay a solid foundation for improving the ranking of your website in Google, especially for local search results. But don’t expect immediate results overnight. It takes time to see results, so stick with it. Great work! If you want to learn more, check out our artist resources below.
Become a member of the Create Membership Academy and get access to all our tools and resources for artists!
Get our free Business Checklist for artists!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest business news and updates.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.