How To Use Instagram Shopping
Have you seen those posts on Instagram with little tags attached to them? Click on the tag and you will be shown the name of the product and price, more information, and a direct link to go and buy it. It's fun to use and dangerously easy to shop on Instagram these days!
But what does this mean for artists? Well, it makes selling your work on Instagram even easier which is exciting! I have just added Instagram Shopping to my own art business account, so I will give you a basic overview of what is involved in setting it up. If you are more of a visual learner, there are some great videos on You Tube on how to get started.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A business Instagram account. You probably already have this and can check what account you have in your IG settings.
- A Facebook business page linked to your Instagram account.
- A website store or Facebook shop.
HOW TO SET UP SHOPPING
- Create an account in business.facebook.com
- This is a place where you can set up Facebook advertising if you choose to use this for your business.
- You will need to create a product catalog in the Catalog Manager then add products to it in the Commerce Manager. These will then be linked to your Instagram account.
- In Instagram, go to your settings, go to business, select shopping, continue, then link a product catalog to your account. Click done.
- Once it is enabled, you can click 'tag products' when posting, and select the product from your catalog menu. This will create those little tags, and you'll also see a little shopping bag icon in the top right of your posts, which lets your viewers know there are items for sale.
- When people click on your tags, they will have the option to visit the product on your website or Facebook shop, and can buy it there and then.
It does take a bit of time to set up, but I believe it is worthwhile if you are planning to sell more of your art online. Here is a more in-depth set up guide from Instagram if you need more help, and don't forget You Tube is a great resource to learn from!
Become a member of the Create Membership Academy and get access to all our tools and resources for artists!
Get our free Business Checklist for artists!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest business news and updates.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.